3.30.2010

PLOwnage

I'm taking my cash game action to the PLO tables. I've been short-stacking 1-2 and 2-4 with decent success. Ideally I want to read a couple books, watch training videos, and play full stacked PLO at 1-2 as my starting point. I signed up for a new Full Tilt name and now receive rakeback (finally!).

If I play no-limit it will most likely be heads-up. 6-Max is quite tough at 2-4 and 3-6 these days and it's not worth my time to grind it out against many solid players.

PLO is still soft from what I've seen - players commit with very susceptible two pair hands or overcommit with a single overpair to the board, etc. You very rarely see that in mid-stakes NL anymore. In fact set mining isn't even that profitable anymore because these guys are capable of making many good folds.

More to come on my PLO adventures. There are several books I want to order on Amazon so I plan on reading up before I venture any further.

No comments: