1.04.2010

asdf

Lately it feels like I'm playing poker with my cards facing up so the whole table can see them. My 3-bets are being 4-bet like 90% of the time and even when I'm doing it with AK or a big pair I'm being held over or getting sucked out on by inferior holdings.

This can be a real confidence crippler but looking over the hand histories a couple days after playing it doesn't appear I'm doing things differently based on poor results which is nice to see.

I managed to offset some of my MTT buy-ins by making a few 180 Max $3 w/rebuys final tables including two 3rd place finishes which are good for about $200 apiece.

Here's a typical hand which shows how terribad I've been running.

Blinds: 1000/2000/200 (?) I forget the antes always - I should really know these.

My Stack: 42,000
Villain: 39,000

Villain limps EP
MP Russian fish calls (playing 63% of his hands lol)
I button raise to 9,000 with KK

Villain flats (wtf?)
MP Russian fish folds

Flop: 3 8 J rainbow

Villain open jams and I snap call.

He turns over 9T suited and spikes a 7 on the river, fml.

If it wasn't a Sunday major I don't think I'd be as pissed.

4 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

You want him to call off 25% of his stack with 10-9 suited. You want him to go all in with a 30% chance of winning the pot. It just didn't work out.

Bummer, as we used to say. Sound like you were playing well. Variance is a bitch.

FkCoolers said...

My first bad beat post since blogging. I make no excuses.

Memphis MOJO said...

No problem with bad beat posts -- it's part of the game.

joxum said...

Keep 'em coming!

/j.