7.12.2010

Sundayments

I need to migrate to another poker site. Twice yesterday I played micro MTT's for $5 buy-ins and made it down to the final 40 from fields of over 1500 only to lose in brutal fashion in each.

Busto Hand 1:

30 left of about 1800. Blinds are 2000/4000 with antes and I get QQ UTG. I make it 8250 and get 2 callers from MP. We all have 25-30 bb stacks. I'm readless since I just changed tables.

Flop 2d 3s 6c. I can play it a couple ways. I can c-bet around 40% pot here with the intention of calling an all-in or I can check to see if either of them take a stab. I elect to check since it's unlikely that this board hit either of them unless they flopped a set in which case they didn't have proper odds to set mine making it a poor flat call.

The first chimp also checks but the second chimp bets 30% pot and it feels like a really weak bet. I don't feel like flatting here OOP though so I stick in a decent check-raise. Chimp 1 folds and Chimp 2 instacalls. Second sign of weakness. Anyone with a real hand needs time to think there.

The Turn pairs the board, bringing another 3. My stack size is now such that an all-in here on the Turn is my move.

Starting Stack: 118k
Raise pre to 8250 (110k)
Check-Raise to 35k on flop after he bet 10k (75k)

When he flatted my check-raise the pot became about 72k and my stack was around 75k making it the perfect spot - I sized my CR on purpose this way.

I shove and he snap calls with 5h6h.

River: 4x

Seriously? Wow. I guess he knew it was coming. Clownbox. Way to get your whole stack in on the Turn drawing to 6 outs. Another lifetime negative ROI player uses my #Runbad to his advantage.

Busto Hand 2: This one was a lot more standard for me. I get it all-in pre with KK against AJ and my opponent flops trip Jacks. 80bb pot. Yep, you guessed it - another negative ROI player sucks out hard against me.

I'm going to gather up all these players and put them to work in the red light district to make me some damn money since they're so good at sucking.

Back to the grind.

3 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

I'm going to gather up all these players and put them to work in the red light district to make me some damn money since they're so good at sucking.

LOL

JoshuaT said...

You don't sound bitter...!! I feel for you though - it's always frustrating when you come up against negative ROI players. It turns the game into a very dull chess match.

FkCoolers said...

I feel like if I just made a single final table it would remove all my bitterness for a while.

It sucks pretty bad feeling like you have a strong grasp on some money and then having it ripped away from you by 2 outers, runner runners, etc.

Getting used to horrible losses is still something I need to work on because for a good player it's always going to be something you need to deal with since you get it in good many more times than you get it in with the worst of it.