2.08.2010

How Quickly Things Change

I think I'm done with Rush Poker now.

The things I had written were true at the time - fish were playing ATC, laggy late position play worked well, etc.

But I just played lengthy sessions over the weekend and the games have completely dried up. My guess is the fish who were initially drawn to it have gone busto and decided not to keep re-depositing. And now it's just a bunch of us 14/12 regs playing nothing but big hand vs. big hand pots which don't occur frequently enough to make this game worth playing. If you want to amass a lot of FTP points it's still a decent game to play but aside from that I recommend going back to the regular tables.

4 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

I knew this would happen, but I'm surprised it was so fast.

FkCoolers said...

Likewise.

PLO will probably be better than this but my game is rusty and was never that good to begin with.

baglife said...

This really doesn't surprise me. It seems like you would have more of an incentive to only play premiums, even a fish should understand this.

I think if I played I would also lose an enormous advantage in comparison to regular tables. One of my big strengths is quickly profiling opponents and attacking the weak.

-bag

FkCoolers said...

Same here. I just keep leaning on the weakest player until I break him/her if I'm able to. Then I usually have 200bb's at that point and can finally play some deeper stacked cash games which is my strong suit.