2.09.2010

Irony/Addiction

Someone plan a Rush Poker intervention for me. I find myself not being able to stop due to how many FTP points I can earn to play the big satellite events.

The irony of me saying the games have dried up is that last night I played in a $1,000 pot and emerged the victor.

I had already logged about 2,900 hands at 1/2 and the villain and I had stacks of approximately $520 each.

From UTG he made it $10 and I bumped it to $35 on the button with red Aces. Here's the full action in all its cooler glory.

Hero (button): $517
Villain (utg): $532 (I think)

Villain raises to $10
Hero 3-bets to $35
Villain 4-bets to $110
Hero flats.

I think he's putting me on QQ and QQ only when I flat here but I could be wrong. I'm never flatting AK but I could flat KK in position to get it all in on a non-ace flop.

Flop: As Kd 7c

Villain checks. I'm putting him on AK, KK, or QQ at this point. Although with him being the one out of position I think it's weird he didn't decide to jam or fold AK and QQ so I've basically put him on KK. That being said there is never any reason to slowplay here in my opinion.

Villain checks
Hero bets $140
Villain jams
Hero snap calls, crowd goes wild.

AA vs. KK is always playing out this way on this flop obviously - but I really like my flat call on the button for partial deception because I think if I jam against a very good player he's going to release KK given the nature of Rush Poker and the depth of the stacks.

I know it's still a cooler and standard and lol obvaments but as you play deeper stack cash games it's important to time your actions and create a plan for the hand. I know if someone instantly jammed 260 bb's on me I'd lay down any hand but Aces in almost all situations so it's something to keep in mind.

2 comments:

joxum said...

Flatting on the flop was good, I*m sure - like you say, he'll let go of KK if you jam or keep raising him there.

Nice pot - I'd sure like to try on of those, any day.

/j.

FkCoolers said...

They're nice but you also have to get used to losing pots that size or larger.

To date, my largest single pot win is $5400 and my largets single post loss is $4200.

Both were 5/10 NL.