8.31.2009

Next Time I'll Take a Screen Shot

I was playing a few tables of 3/6 LHE this morning which is always a very juicy game. At a 6 handed table you will usually find nothing but loose/weak European or Russian players. There are a few players whose game I have respect for but I have detailed notes on how they play their hands.

Then you have one other type of player who will be there some times and when he is, the game is great. This player is the drunk/tired west coast player who has been up all night. Usually I only see this on Saturday or Sunday mornings but today there was a player from New Mexico who might be the worst player I've ever seen at a 3/6 online table.

He had a stack of about $470 and was 3-betting every hand pre-flop, calling raises and re-raises cold, and showing down with bottom pair and ace high. Of course this means he was getting paid off on every big hand and he was running like Usain Bolt.

Then the following hand took place.

UTG he raises as he'd been doing every hand. Everyone calls behind and on the Button I 3-bet with JsTs because it has great value there. Both blinds fold and everyone else just calls.

The flop is 7s 8s 9h.

Southwestern Psycho leads, UTG+2 raises, folded to me and I 3-bet. SwP caps and we both call.

The turn is Ad and the same action takes place - lead, raise, 3-bet, cap, call, call.

The river is Kd and this time it goes check, check, bet by me, call, call.

SwP had a set of nines and UTG+2 had As6s. Pretty big pot for a 3-6 game. After it was done is when the fun started in the chat box.

Him: F.ucking donkeys
Him: JT nice play fish
Him: No wonder u dont have a real stack

First, el oh el at him thinking stack size matters in a limit game. Second, I usually don't ever do something like this but it was time for me to go to work anyway. I sat out and clicked on the dealer to add more chips, then made my stack at the table $15,999. Then I sat back in.

Me: Sorry, is this better?

He left on the next hand, and so did I.

3 comments:

joxum said...

Next time I'll include you in my Famous Last Words category - but only if you remember to take the screen shot!

Nice one, though!

/j.

FkCoolers said...

I definitely won't go out of my way to create a situation like this but I'll make sure to immortalize it the next time.

Memphis MOJO said...

Would give a lot to see the screen shot, but awesomely funny anyway!!