6.23.2010

Boomswitch Me

This is when you know you're running well.

$100 NL 6 Max

Hero is UTG. Villain is BB.

Hero: $88
Villain: $141

Hero raises to $4 with KK
All folds to BB
BB calls $3

Flop: Qd 4h 2h

BB checks
Hero bets $6.50

Villain check-raises me all-in here. My first thought was that he had something like JhTh, KQ, or AQ by the way he'd been playing. I decided that I'm ahead of his range with with less than 90 bb's I'm not folding anyway.

Of course he has pocket 2's and decides to check-jam which isn't that bad of a line if you feel like your opponent is only raising and c-betting strong hands. This line sucks against me, though, because I play LAG and I'd have taken the same line with hands like 46s, 77, etc. and I will 2 barrel a lot of boards that have draws.

Anyways, the turn and river were the case Kings to give me quads.

<3 PokerStars, haha.

4 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Quads work. Remember all they times they sucked out on you? Your turn.

FkCoolers said...

Exactly - nice to be on the positive side of variance. I've been 6 tabling with relative success lately so I hope it continues.

baglife said...

I hope you started typing stuff incoherently trying to tilt him more:

"BOOM BOOM BOOM. YOU LIKE DEM KING KING KINGS?"

I LIKE DAT BOOM-SWITCH

BOW."

FkCoolers said...

Haha. Not sure how I didn't see this comment earlier but I like it.

BING BLANG BLAOW would've worked, too. That still makes me laugh.