6.16.2010

SnG Strat

Conventional wisdom says to play tight early and loosen up once the antes kick in. With any luck you've managed to accumulate some chips so you aren't immediately forced into push/fold mode at the 50/100 level.

I tend to stay away from this line of thought and my ROI has been good.

With so many players mass-multitabling the SnG's you can easily pilfer the blinds by playing pretty loose pre-flop from MP and LP before anyone will catch on.

I've been raising a lot of hands from MP especially. No one online believes a Button or Hijack raise anymore. They're seen as pure steal attempts so I make my steals from UTG and MP with a high success rate.

Even if someone calls my UTG raise they're folding a lot of the time if an Ace or King flops because everyone online puts you on AK when you raise.

At some point you do go into push/fold mode and that's when I'll shove on the blinds with about 70% of my hands if we're down to 4 or 5 handed and I have them covered. They aren't calling unless they have 99+, AJ+.

Or, they shouldn't be.

Right now the best SnG's for my money are the Rush SnG's on Full Tilt. More hands means more chances for the bad players to make simple fundamental mistakes.

No comments: