6.04.2010

Speaking Of Masochism ...

I played a $3 rebuy last night and finished 19th of 1900.

Standard bust out hand.

Blinds 8000/16000/XXX

Me: T285,000
Villain: T302,000

I raise to 38,500 UTG with KcKs

Folds to Villain on the button who makes it 85,000.

His OPR stats tell me he's a moron - negative ROI over 1,000 MTT's. I jam.

He snap calls with AdTd <------ LOL WUT. If you ever do this against a solid player, immediately log off and find a new hobby. 99 would be the worst hand you'd ever be up against in this spot.

Flop 8d 6c 6s
Turn Qd
River 2d

One day I'll win as a massive favorite when it means something substantial.

3 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

You wanted him to call, obviously, it just didn't work out. Congrats on the deep run.

FkCoolers said...

Yeah, no doubt. I always want calls there. Unsuited would have made me hold my breath less.

My EV in critical tournament situations is spectacularly low - it's really getting to me.

I checked out my last 5 deep runs and they were all similar situations for the most part.

If they were coolers or flips I'd take it in stride a lot easier than these hands where the guy catches running diamonds or someone two outers me and makes a set, etc.

JT said...

to be put in perspective, 19th of 1900 is unreal!! have been playing for nearly a year now and have never ever come close to that - impressive stuff even if you're not happy!